Warren Partners is committed to supporting the principles contained in the Women in Rail/RIA EDI Charter. We have dedicated 2 Partners to ensuring that we ‘move the dial’ in regard to EDI within our own business and through our Chair/NED/executive search activity across the rail sector. Vicky Gee is a Warren Partners Board member and our business lead for EDI matters. Iain Brockbank is a Partner, member of our Board Practice and Head of our Industrial Practice. He has a particular specialism and experience in the transport industry.
The principles and actions to which we are committed are as follows:
- Appointing a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’.
- Agreeing an action plan and monitoring progress made, including in RIA’s annual reporting to their AGM and Women in Rail’s annual report. Also, progress to be demonstrated on RIA, Women in Rail, and signatories’ websites.
- Providing opportunities for training and education of employees to help tackle unconscious bias and negative behaviours within workforces.
- Creating a culture that fosters inclusion and encourages “quiet voices”, including at industry events and in meetings for instance, through 360 feedback on senior and executive teams and reverse mentoring, thus providing a safe space for all employees to talk openly.
- Making recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all to attract retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities.