Warren Partners may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
The new General Data Protection Regulation strengthens the previous rules under the Data Protection Act (1998). The new legislation introduces further obligations for organisations and rights for individuals.
the types of personal data that we collect about you
where we obtain personal information and the legal basis for collecting and processing
our approach to retaining your data
the circumstance in which we will share your personal data
the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What we collect
- We collect your personal information for the purposes of executive, interim, and non-executive job search services provided to our retained clients; as part of this service we may contact you in connection with events and/or send you our electronic newsletter.
- To do this we collect and store information that will help us to evaluate your suitability for mandates. Information collected may include the following; contact details, work and educational history, references, your CV, salary information, family details, the results of any psychometric testing you have undertaken for us.
- We also collect sensitive classes of information that may include, physical or mental health details; racial or ethnic origin; religious or other beliefs of a similar nature.
- Information we collect is from the following sources
- You directly, information you provide whilst you are searching for a new role and/or during a search
- A third party acting on your behalf
- Via reference or referral from your network
- Publicly available sources and subscription services, including but not limited to; Industry Directories and power lists; Companies House data; and the FCA register.
- What we do with the information we gather – the Legal Bases for processing your personal information
- Warren Partners has operated to an established code of conduct since 2013 and continues to do so. Our “Warren Way” a code of ethics, principles and processes ensures that privacy is at the heart of what we do.
- The personal information we collect is for legitimate business reasons to fulfil our contracts from our retained clients. We are retained by our clients to search for executive and non-executive talent.
- We use your personal data to review your suitability for mandates (roles). From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes; invite you to events or share our newsletter with you.
- We do not share your personal details with individual clients (or any other third party) until you have given us express permission to do so via verbal consent which we record on our system.
- If you enter into a search process with us, we will clearly inform you of the steps in the process and where and how we will share your data. If you are profiled, longlisted and/or shortlisted in one of our processes we will obtain your consent before processing and sharing your data with our client.
- Consent to process your data will be sought on each occasion.
- Client data that is shared with us may include confidential trading information and/or sensitive operational information about the client and members of staff is kept for our legitimate interest in fulfilling our contract with the client. Consent is obtained during the client briefing process to agree the information that can be shared with potential candidates. During the shortlist process confidential information shared with potential candidates will be via consent and recorded in our database.
We store all our electronic client and candidate information in our secure database and it is retained in line with the existence of legitimate business interest to keep you informed of future relevant roles, events and insight. All our paper records are stored securely during the active search and then destroyed via our confidential waste company.
Your rights under the new privacy laws
You have legal rights when it comes to your personal data. Specifically the right to be informed that we hold your data, access to your data and rectification and removal of your data upon request. You are entitled to port your data, object to you data being processed, lodge a complaint or withdraw consent at any time.
Further information and advice can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We will act on requests for information free of charge and will endeavour to provide it to you within one month from when we receive your request. If the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
International data transfers
We operate UK offices, with cloud based computing services in the EEA area. We may transfer your personal data to clients in countries outside the EEA and you will be informed if we do so. We will also take steps to ensure clients outside the EEA have adequate data protection in place.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have therefore put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small files transferred to your computer through your web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owners of the site.
This site uses essential cookies from Google Analytics. This information is used to help us improve the quality of the Warren Partners site and to make sure the content relevancy is maintained.
To learn more about cookies and how to control and delete them visit www.aboutcookies.org
We do not make automated decisions about you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, or you do not provide the personal data necessary, we will keep basic contact details and not process your data to record your withdrawal to ensure we do not contact you in the future.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will contact you via phone, email or social media or via your network contacts.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to search@warrenpartners or write to us at our Knutsford office (Warren Partners, Caledonian House, Tatton Street, Knutsford, WA16 6AG)